FORUM - Chinatown KM (CKM) Scanlation Group. Thank you for visiting!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CKM Scans closed!

Old chatbox is no longer working! Access it here - https://my.cbox.ws/ckmscans

New (empty) discord: https://discord.gg/c5ZXA5Y3

Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang (+news of Cooking Master Boy, Kaidan Tochuu no Big Noise)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aoi-sama
aoi-sama

Mod/Support
QC
Elite Regular

Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang (+news of Cooking Master Boy, Kaidan Tochuu no Big Noise) Empty
PostSubject: Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang (+news of Cooking Master Boy, Kaidan Tochuu no Big Noise)   Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang (+news of Cooking Master Boy, Kaidan Tochuu no Big Noise) EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 3:15 pm

So it seems...that I heard some stuff off xah (I know her in real life xD)

It seems that she's been revising the translations for Gu Fang (novel). She's going to change a lot, basically get rid of the "-wang" suffix and "wang-" prefix (so no more "wangye" and "Jing Anwang"). She's changing all of that to "Duke".

It seems like she's following the English peerage system in terms of nobility or something complicated like that. But she's also adapting it to the "Gu Fang" way of things...

I'm just gonna post this out of her current translation notes (there's a huge list  Crying or Very sad ).

Spoiler:

Well...she only actually started re-doing the previous chapters & translating the next chapters this month Sigh so somehow I really doubt she'll finish it according to her schedule Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Talk about disorganised people. Sigh She told me not to tell you guys at first, but I finally convinced her...but she's too embarrassed to tell you guys herself.

She said that this version will be better than the one before, saying something like, "Now that I look back, my previous translation was terrible. Bits were cut off, bits were added, bits were totally different to the original. At best it was only 60% was true to the novel." (that's partially why she's so embarrassed... T_T)

Anyway, final news is that you'll probably see her some time on Facebook soon as she wants to release the first volume for New Year's and the second for Valentine's. She's gonna recruit for like, two proofreaders + one quality checker and maybe one formatter. Hopefully she doesn't go MIA on us this time. hell yes!! (she did also say something like she's gonna put out her FB account for everyone to see eventually, so everyone can go convince her personally if she slacks off again)

I think CMB and KTnBN are the only manga she plans to continue...and she's going to move that to another blog. It'll be mostly translations + the occasional scanlation, but that will have to wait until after she finishes vol01 of the gufang, sorry everyone! No

I'll try to answer any questions (but mind you, she only let me read the first three chapters) so I don't know future spoilers. I'll pass on any encouragement, feedback or critique and hopefully she'll take them to heart. :p
Back to top Go down
Stumblelina

Regular

Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang (+news of Cooking Master Boy, Kaidan Tochuu no Big Noise) Empty
PostSubject: RE: Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang (+news of Cooking Master Boy, Kaidan Tochuu no Big Noise)   Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang (+news of Cooking Master Boy, Kaidan Tochuu no Big Noise) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 4:01 am

Thanks for the update!  Will look forward to both the revised translations and the next chapters being released of Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang novel and BiG THANKS hell yes!!  to xah, you and everyone that's helped.  

Even though I'm eager for the continuation, I understand it's your personal time and effort that allows unilingual folks like me to be enriched by these fantastic stories with a style and plot so unique to Asian culture and history. I am southeast Asian but grew up in a very small town and my parents didn't have time to properly teach me our native language that translations and subtitles/dubbing is mainly how I am able to enjoy manga/manhwa/manhua, anime and novels from Asia. Even the smaller university I attended had a limited selection of language courses that further reduced my opportunities to learn but it's still on my life list of things to try to achieve someday since there's a great deal of online learning available now  geek  study   alien

I love you  THANK yOU
Back to top Go down

Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang (+news of Cooking Master Boy, Kaidan Tochuu no Big Noise)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1