FORUM - Chinatown KM (CKM) Scanlation Group. Thank you for visiting!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CKM Scans closed!

Old chatbox is no longer working! Access it here - https://my.cbox.ws/ckmscans

New (empty) discord: https://discord.gg/c5ZXA5Y3

Lazy writers section

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
briecheeze
briecheeze

VIP/other
Bronze Member

Lazy writers section Empty
PostSubject: Lazy writers section   Lazy writers section EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:14 am

Yep. That's about it.

Come hither flameshaft- here that awkward story idea.  Shy 

So in a fit of super sleepiness, I thought up of a twist on fairy tales- where princesses get isolated/set away for different reasons (where it's to a school, different kingdom, prison; the location would determine where it's a comedy or serious). Let me explain before you decide I'm rehashing cliches

Sleep Bored    Exclamation  

Examples
1) princess who cried pearls or diamonds- she was sent away because if she had stayed, the world's economy would collapse.  Maybe she was raised with little emotions, or maybe she's highly emotional and needs to be kept away from people. I imagine she'd have to be super graceful or super clumsy.

2) princess who has the voice of an angel- sent away because she would put the entertainment business, out of business.  Probably highly dramatic.

3) Princess who can heal most illnesses- there would have to be a loop hole since I don't want to make her able to heal everything. Sent away because countries would fight over her hand in marriage

I don't know if I would prefer short stories about them or an all encompassing story. Keep in mind that I'm lazy and I already have too many stories left Unfinished; collaboration preferred Idea  onegaishimasu/kudasa 

I think my half conscious state induced this series of insane characters but I also blame frozen. Haven't seen the movie but I've heard enough critiques to realize that it's incorporating themes from other Disney movies. I am also a major fan of skip beat. I love you 

Also, I really don't care that much about the princes.  I have a harder time developing decent male love interests. All of them are sneaky, evil, and lazy. Not what I would want in my husband. Well, I'm not going to marry I to royalty XD
 Shrug, nevermind flower

Last edited by briecheeze on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed emoticons)
Back to top Go down
StarWarrior
StarWarrior

Mod/Support
VIP/other
Proofreader
Elite Regular

PostSubject: Re: Lazy writers section   Lazy writers section EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:12 am

The third one sounds like Tangled.

My genre of taste surrounds around clever and creative heroines but has great righteousness.

I think you can give more a interest plot. ;)
Back to top Go down
http://forgottensound.deviantart.com/
flameshaft
flameshaft

Retired
Typesetter
Bronze Member

PostSubject: Re: Lazy writers section   Lazy writers section EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:43 am

a) good you don't intend to develop the princes, 'cause I'm no good at romance (take a look at my stories... none in there =P)

b).... not very good at writing female characters, and very lazy too (probably worse than you brie, when it comes to writing)... but if you need plot ideas, i can help you think of them

c) i think short stories would work better... 'cause just off the top of my head, some are more comedic than others (see d)

d) ok, just off the top of my head from right when i read your blurbs:

1) (pearls and diamonds princess) -- random person finds princess in her isolated state. she was raised to be a super cold and aloof person who has no emotions whatsoever (therefore no tears), so the random person doesn't know about her powers. Random person brings her back into society, and everywhere she goes, she sees things that she deems below her. Then she learns of other "normal" princesses, and how they are happy with their lives (or not), and a tiny emotion sprouts in her heart: jealousy. Then she makes it her life's work to ruin all those other princesses' lives...... well i guess her power doesn't come much in use in this plot, but mb at the end, she's about to get killed and sth revives some emotion in her, and she cries a single tear that becomes a legendary gem/pearl or sth.........

2) (angelic voice princess) -- ... don't have as much an idea with this one... was thinking like she dislikes her isolated status and begins recording little boxes with her voice in it. lures travelers with these boxes (they're curious as to where they come from?) to eat them. no, jk, idk what she would lure them in for.... to form her own kingdom of ppl brainwashed by her voice? kinda like the tales of merpeople that would sing to drown sailors and eat them, but without the eating involved.....

3) (healing princess) -- she can heal anything except herself? and then she gets an incurable disease.... then comes a race against time to try to either transfer her power to someone so that they can heal her, or to find someone else in another isolated continent with the same power.

Just realized these are all pretty intense plotlines that are not very comedic...... i'm no good with comedy...

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://flameshaft.deviantart.com
StarWarrior
StarWarrior

Mod/Support
VIP/other
Proofreader
Elite Regular

PostSubject: Re: Lazy writers section   Lazy writers section EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 3:20 pm

Sigh. I would think writing humorous stories would be easier if only we were surrounded by comedians.
Back to top Go down
http://forgottensound.deviantart.com/
briecheeze
briecheeze

VIP/other
Bronze Member

PostSubject: Re: Lazy writers section   Lazy writers section EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:18 pm

Good to know we equally suck at romance  silent 

Star, I'm also extremely lazy. You can adopt them if you'd like. I wish I could draw because then I would try to draw half my stories. But. Have no skillz Lazy writers section 4220607151 
Back to top Go down
briecheeze
briecheeze

VIP/other
Bronze Member

PostSubject: Re: Lazy writers section   Lazy writers section EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 6:46 pm

Hopefully xah would get angry for my double posting.  Rolling Eyes 

I was thinking that a catch phrase for the series would be:

Before Disney convinced us that all princesses had happy endings, the Grimm brothers told us otherwise.  

And maybe,

The message was clear: princes aren't the solution to everything.  

What if their unique dispositions were received differently by their families?  How would fate have twisted then?

Also for the pearl princess as a backstory, her birth was received happily until her father realized how her ability could ruin the world. With a sad heart, he isolated her.  I could actually make this one a happy story by having the pearls crushed and turned into medicine or toothpaste. Meh.  I need to dwell on it more.

study

Edit:
So I started it. Yay. I figured I could turn it into the princess becoming an assassin because was trained to hide her emotions. Here's the beginning

Every kingdom joyously awaits the arrival of their heir.

Whether the child be male or female didn't matter to the king, just so long as they were alive. It would be his first, and it's birthright would be the kingdom, regardless of gender.

He embodied the disposition all men did when it came to their child's birth. Pacing about restlessly and wincing every time his wife cried out, no one anticipated the birth with more joy than him.

Finally, a child's wail joined with his wife's. A girl, from the sound of it. Then there was a strange noise that followed, not that it registered with the proud papa. Taking his daughter in his arms, he stroked her sparse blonde hair.

The peculiar plinking noises caught his attention. His beloved baby was crying tears of pearls. As the tears rolled off her eyes, they solidified upon contact with the air. They promptly fell off her cheeks without leaving a trail of wetness behind.

Such a situation didn't bother her father who continued to rub his face against hers.

"Honey..." his beautiful but exhausted wife started, "is everything all right? I hear something odd." Those few words took almost all her energy. She couldn't see due to an accident but her hearing was sharp.

"Hm? Our daughter is adorable as expected," he squealed.

"Your majesties." Three men entered the room with a bow. Other than the king, they held the highest positions as his advisors. "We heard that the child was born. How fares it?"

All of them gasped at the sight of a babe with a precious gem pouring from her face. "How can this be?" One wondered aloud.

"A travesty! Travesty! This shall ruin the kingdom. Nay. That would be too optimistic. I daresay, the world!"

Anger coagulated in the king's heart. It was soon calmed by logic. His advisors wouldn't say such a thing without reason. "What do you mean? Explain."

They could tell that their ruler was feeling impatient. Though he was kind and just, he would be merciless to fools who spoke rashly.

"Please stay your anger. We meant no insult. Only that the child has a-" curse was the word they wished to use, "talent. One that could devastate our world."

"My child would not desire such a thing," he interjected while glancing at his wife. She didn't need to hear this but in her dazed state, she didn't comprehend anything.

"Of course not," they agreed. "But think about our kingdom's economy."

There was no need to elaborate. He understood the situation perfectly. "The world would have difficulty handling this child. Even though you're my child," he whispered to his now sleeping daughter.

Gesturing to his advisors, they all exited the bedroom. The king carried his treasure that could unintentionally send the world into a depression out. Following closely was the midwife with the fallen pearls. She was the most trusted of servants and like her ancestors, had the honored position of delivering royalty into the world

"What should be done?" Fear for his daughter was strong but his responsibilities to his kingdom clutched at him.

Though death wasn't an option anyone wanted to consider, it was a strong possibility. It would destroy the royal marriage and cause public distrust.

"Send her away. Announce that the birth was a miscarriage. Have her raised as a commoner. Don't allow her to interact with people lest she be taken advantage of. Teach her to hide her emotions."

Every word that they spoke made their liege's face paler. But, as despair filled him, he knew it was probably the best solution. "Can I entrust my daughter to you, Matilda?"

Matilda the midwife knew what he was asking. Her family would likely disown her for her 'failure' and she would have to disappear. She alone would be responsible for girl's upbringing. "Yes. I will send the pearls on a monthly basis until there is no need."

Nodding, the king agreed. "Please make haste."

The whole kingdom went into mourning over the loss of the heir apparent. The queen almost followed in a fit of hysterics and depression.

Meanwhile, Matilda was grateful that she had strong arms. Since leaving the castle, the baby woke up and slept intermittently and cried often. There was quite a heavy load of pearls in her bag and not only a few travelers noticed.

Soon Matilda reached her destination. It was a small cottage within walking distance of a village. So that robbers couldn't get ahold of the pearls, she buried them in the forest. Until the king's messengers sent for them, she kept them there.

Luckily, the messenger came within a day or two of her arrival. Matilda suspected that a few of the too curious travelers were handled by them.

"Thank you for this," accepted Matilda. In the package she received was a week's worth of food and clothing for both of them. The bag she gave him contained several pounds of pearls. It was enough to buy out the kingdom. "Are you feeling well? Need some tea?" She asked because he was nervous.

"What? No! His majesty ordered me to be home immediately after giving you this. He must be suffering so much now."

'You have no idea,' Matilda thought.

No?  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
flameshaft
flameshaft

Retired
Typesetter
Bronze Member

PostSubject: Re: Lazy writers section   Lazy writers section EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 10:26 am

there are a few grammatical improvements that could be done, but i won't nitpick =D

my thoughts right after reading: a plot twist... the "messenger" is actually a member of a famous thief gang...

or maybe that's too predictable.

my brain died somewhere in the middle of the day today, so idk if i'm of much use
Back to top Go down
briecheeze
briecheeze

VIP/other
Bronze Member

PostSubject: Re: Lazy writers section   Lazy writers section EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 5:57 am

Well I was going to have her be kidnapped when she was older and could suppress her emotions but maybe that would work. Sorry for the grammatical errors, I was tired and highly emotional when I wrote it.

As for her parents, I was thinking of making them hansel and Gretel.  My twist would be that they were step siblings and Gretel was actually the daughter of the witch. In order for the females in her family to retain their beauty, they had to eat children. (Hey, when I said I could do dark and serious, I meant it. Harmph.... hell yes!! ) and it's been lessening with each generation but Gretel would still need to do it. Rather than let her mother show her how it was done and sacrificing hansel, she pushed her mother in the furnace.  The heat of the furnace burned her eyes and she was blinded.  The king had issued a proclamation that whoever killed the witch and ended the famine over the land would be his successor...hence them becoming king and queen.

But what I can't decide is if I should have gretel actually need to eat children and have her set up orphanages or have her feel better. Maybe hey would only need to eat children once they have children of their own....

Is this becoming to icky? afraid Somehow, I feel like my mind has become a wacky place for stories. Good thing they can't come to life.  Cold depressed I\'m dying... 

Maybe I should make it a happier version. silent
Back to top Go down
xah
xah

Founder
VIP/other
QC
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: Lazy writers section   Lazy writers section EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Exclamation
Holy cow, I didn't know such a thread existed!! Just had to chuck a post in here...

Speechless Speechless
Back to top Go down
https://ckmscans.forumotion.com
flameshaft
flameshaft

Retired
Typesetter
Bronze Member

PostSubject: Re: Lazy writers section   Lazy writers section EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 12:28 am

I totally forgot about this.... and the fact that I was somewhat involved in this discussion..........................

@brie, any update on this little bunch of stories? XD
Back to top Go down
briecheeze
briecheeze

VIP/other
Bronze Member

PostSubject: Re: Lazy writers section   Lazy writers section EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 3:55 am

Ahaha ha... no Cold

But I'm working on something else. I told my friend the entire plot and she was super stoked. Mind you, this woman is the queen of pickiness so I was super stoked that she liked it I love you

I was very obviously influenced by Chinese novels, tee hee Shy

I've written about three chapters pale

Only about thirty more to go No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lazy writers section   Lazy writers section Empty

Back to top Go down

Lazy writers section

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum