FORUM - Chinatown KM (CKM) Scanlation Group. Thank you for visiting!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CKM Scans closed!

Old chatbox is no longer working! Access it here - https://my.cbox.ws/ckmscans

New (empty) discord: https://discord.gg/c5ZXA5Y3

Study Leave~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xah
xah

Founder
VIP/other
QC
Gold Member

Study Leave~ Empty
PostSubject: Study Leave~   Study Leave~ EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Hey everyone~

This is going to be hard....this is also in the forum...

I'm really really sorry everyone, but I'm going to take a whole month off translating. That means everything I translate, manhua, manga and novels will all have to be on hold. I've every resigned/on hiatus in the other groups I translate for, but this group...is a bit harder.

It's a really hard decision to choose focusing on translating this month or studying, and I don't really know which one I'll regret more if I don't do. If I don't get in, I'm going to be disappointed that I didn't spend more effort translating and letting all of you guys read the next volume, but if I don't try for it....well, I don't know...

You see...I...got into the training group for the NZ selection camp for the International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO). It's about a group of 80-90 people, I think (?) who are vying for around 25 spots in the camp, which will be determined with a second test/exam.

I took the first test/exam 29 Oct last year (the day after my birthday) and I didn't even study for it, mainly because I did it for fun and the other being how close it was to my birthday (I mean, who studies then?). Shockingly I actually did very well and scored in the top 10%. I even scored higher (by quite a bit apparently) than the smartest student in my year, technically my "rival," except sadly, I've never really won against her except on small tests. She got in as well and I don't really want to lose again...(but I lose all the time so who cares)
Anyway, I don't know what the cut-off was, but I probably scored somewhere between 20-35. Based on the results of the first test, it's not entirely impossible for me not to get into the camp (my only aim) with a little study, but it will still be super competitive.

I focused on translating manga/manhua (of all sorts) and the rest of Gu Fang vol01 + some of vol02 mostly throughout my summer hols (in southern hemisphere countries) rather than studying and I've been putting off studying for it until now, a month before the second test. That means I have to make a decision -- give up the camp for translating, or give up translating for the camp, and unfortunately for everyone, I choose the latter.

I really wish I translated more in the summer hols of Gu Fang novel, everyone. Though, I wish the author put in a bit more humour, 'cause I would've translated wayyyy faster then. Translating is hard, novels even harder than usual, but the upbeat are always a lot easier to interpret. I could complain more here, but I'll leave it at that.

So although my decision is very selfish, I hope everyone will respect it. unsure emoticon
I'll post online whether I get in or not after the test. It'll probably be a horrible disappointment anyway (and then I feel depressed blah blah blah D:)

My apologies everyone,
xah.
x_xah@hotmail.co.nz

P.S: Since I'm planning to study hardcore, I plan to shut off my wifi completely for a month, meaning I won't be contactable via facebook for a while. I will check my emails and the forum at school occasionally (but facebook is blocked). Send anything, queries, feedback, complaints and other evil comments (?) to my email or leave a message in the forum. I shall see it, mwahaha. Today is going to be my last day properly/fully online, so feel free to ask/yell/stalk me for anything as after this, my replies will feel a bit detached.
Back to top Go down
https://ckmscans.forumotion.com
flameshaft
flameshaft

Retired
Typesetter
Bronze Member

Study Leave~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Leave~   Study Leave~ EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:22 am

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://flameshaft.deviantart.com
lacusclyne

Regular

Study Leave~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Leave~   Study Leave~ EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 12:39 pm

Good luck on your studies, xah! Cool

While I am always grateful for your translations, your studies should always have priority.
Back to top Go down
briecheeze
briecheeze

VIP/other
Bronze Member

Study Leave~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Leave~   Study Leave~ EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:38 pm

xah, go kick some butt!
Back to top Go down
StarWarrior
StarWarrior

Mod/Support
VIP/other
Proofreader
Elite Regular

Study Leave~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Leave~   Study Leave~ EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 7:48 am

Do your best! We are cheering for you! Study Leave~ 3553681847

...although we can't guarantee how much sweets are going to be thrown around when you return
Back to top Go down
http://forgottensound.deviantart.com/
briecheeze
briecheeze

VIP/other
Bronze Member

Study Leave~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Leave~   Study Leave~ EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 11:07 am

Or that we'll clean up after ourselves!
Back to top Go down
Stumblelina

Regular

Study Leave~ Empty
PostSubject: xah study break/test   Study Leave~ EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Hopefully you did better on the exam than you think!
Cool   geek
Im sure myself and many others can & will wait patiently for you to resume translations when you dont have as much studying/schoolwork to do - life can sometimes become a balancing act of choices and the volumes will still be there where you left them, but competing to be selected for the Chemistry Olympiad is such a cool and rare opportunity (with a cherry on top that you could try to surpass that other girl!).

Rooting for you from the north Western Hemisphere where I hope winter will finally be on its last legs of -40C windchill weather.

Very Happy  Study Leave~ 3553681847
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Study Leave~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Leave~   Study Leave~ Empty

Back to top Go down

Study Leave~

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CKM Scans - Chinatown KM :: CHINATOWN KM :: Latest Updates-