FORUM - Chinatown KM (CKM) Scanlation Group. Thank you for visiting!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CKM Scans closed!

Old chatbox is no longer working! Access it here - https://my.cbox.ws/ckmscans

New (empty) discord: https://discord.gg/c5ZXA5Y3

Perhaps spoilers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Useless Translator
The Useless Translator

Retired
Translator
Regular

Perhaps spoilers? Empty
PostSubject: Perhaps spoilers?   Perhaps spoilers? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 1:46 am

xah is making me do the translating for this series now (after chapter 3), and now I've spent the last couple of hours translating 60+ pages (approximately 2.5 chapters).

Yeah, just wanted to do something to relieve my stress first. Sorry for my awkward grammar - it's not usually this bad, it's just 1:38 AM...

Well chapter 3 -
Pingting thinks of her master and some of her times at Jing Anwang Prefecture. After that? Well, Pingting starts to think about that guy "Dong Dingnan". She still claims that it's just because she wants to know about her master. Then Dong Dingnan sends another gift -- a bronze statue. Then one night, Pingting and Dong Dingnan apparently think of each other. And then Dong Dingnan calls the lady he admires (for the qin music) a 'phoenix'.

Chapter 4 -
Pingting states she wants a person who understands her. That night, she sees Dong Dingnan, in the grounds. Apparently he's sitting a night vigil, for the lady he admires. Pingting pretends to be mute, because she's afraid that he'll recognise her voice. Pingting gets sick and she feels bad for using a fake identity.

Chapter 5 -
Pingting even sicker. Passed out for a whole day. Dong Dingnan comes again (at night) and realises she's sick. Tucks her into bed. The next day, it's revealed that "Dong Dingnan" is actually "Zhen Beiwang", the ruler of Dong Lin and the biggest enemy of Pingting's master. Then apparently, Lady Hua sent in a petition to Zhen Beiwang to cancel her engagement. She is scolded by Pingting, because it's highly risky. Apparently, the deal is a straight meeting - in which they will see each other.

Next Chapters (didn't read this, just scanned it)
Pingting goes to the Zhen Beiwang Prefecture with the Hua household and Lady Hua. She enters the house of Zhen Beiwang/Dong Dingnan. She is offered to become a concubine(?) of him, but Pingting doesn't want to because Zhen Beiwang is her master's enemy. Besides, she believes that she isn't really anything special.

I think she stays there for a while, but then she gets a really big coughing fit (from the cold in chapter 4-5) and faints.

That's where the volume ends lol. Cliff hanger huh? Honestly, I'll try to finish all the translations by Wednesday next week. :)
Back to top Go down
tiramisu

Fan

Perhaps spoilers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perhaps spoilers?   Perhaps spoilers? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Ahh, Interesting! Thanks for doing these quick little snippets... I can't resist spoiling myself sometimes :).
Back to top Go down
fieryei

Fan

Perhaps spoilers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perhaps spoilers?   Perhaps spoilers? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:23 pm

Thanks for the summary! I keep looking at the raws even though I don't know what they are saying lol
Back to top Go down
weronique

Regular

Perhaps spoilers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perhaps spoilers?   Perhaps spoilers? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 4:12 am

Oh Gosh, thanks so much! I am addicted to spoilers and raws lol... <3
Back to top Go down
quatrevav35

Fan

Perhaps spoilers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perhaps spoilers?   Perhaps spoilers? EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:04 pm

weronique wrote:
Oh Gosh, thanks so much! I am addicted to spoilers and raws lol... <3
I ended up buying the actual books because I couldn't find the spoilers anywhere. Even if I can't understand the text, I love how the story sort-of explains itself through imagery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Perhaps spoilers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perhaps spoilers?   Perhaps spoilers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Perhaps spoilers?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1